£41,000 raised through Christmas tree recycling scheme for Chelmsford Hospice
In Chelmsford City Life
Farleigh Hospice's annual Christmas tree recycling scheme this year has raised over £41,000 for local charities.
Over 2,600 trees were collected between 7-9 January 2022 across Mid-Essex by local volunteers. The trees were then chipped and turned into biofuel and materials for pathways for local parks and cemeteries.
Farleigh Hospice Fundraising Manager, Debbie de Boltz said, "Each year 90% of the money raised goes directly to Farleigh Hospice and the remaining 10% is donated to other local charities via the Lions Club of Chelmsford.
Referrals to Farleigh are set to rise even further in 2022, so we really do appreciate the money raised by our community through our tree collection. Thanks to your support, we can continue to care for those affected by life-limiting illness and bereavement throughout this year and beyond."
Councillor Rose Moore, Lib Dem Cabinet Member for Greener and Safer Chelmsford, said: "Congratulations to Farleigh Hospice for another successful Christmas tree recycling event. This fantastic campaign gives people a chance to reduce their carbon footprint and support the charity's vital work. It has also brought the local community together, with businesses, organisations and individuals offering their time and resources for a worthy cause. Thank you to everyone involved."
For more information on Farleigh Hospice and the work they do, please visit Farleigh Hospice.